As spring semester at many colleges begins to wind down and graduation looms on the horizon, thousands of students are beginning their job searching. A resume writing package is an ideal gift for a new graduate to help them get off on the right foot and make a strong first impression on potential employers. The team at Chic Resumes encourages family and friends to consider this unique gift option for many reasons.
1. College students are often looking for their first job and may not know how to translate their skills. They have spent years honing their knowledge and skills, but many lack real-world experience. Or, if they have completed an internship or major projects, they may not know how to present these accomplishments in the most effective way. Having a professional resume written will help them to balance out their education and experience to accentuate the skills they bring to an employer. It will highlight their strengths and showcase their ability to apply what they have learned.
2. Extracurriculars can support job qualifications. If the student was a member of any organizations or professional associations, or if they completed volunteer work, this can help them to build their resume. These activities can demonstrate leadership, teamwork, planning, organization, and a host of other abilities that the student may overlook while drafting their own resume. Or, they may not realize how these activities can relate to their job aspirations.
3. The job market is open for college graduates. According to an article on CNBC, a survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers has good news for college graduates. “Employers responding to the survey said they expect to hire 8.6 percent more graduates from the class of 2014 for their U.S. operations than they had initially planned,” notes the article. This is a prime reason why recent graduates should get a professionally written resume created – there are jobs available for those who demonstrate they have the skills and abilities necessary to complete them.
4. Cover letters and thank you notes can add extra emphasis and make a stronger impression. There is more to applying for a job than just having a solid resume. A cover letter is a way to introduce oneself to the employer and elaborate on specific qualifications that align with the opening to grab their attention. It is a necessary complement to the resume, but one document that many people struggle to craft. They may be unsure of exactly what to say or how to say it. In addition, thank you notes are the perfect follow-up after landing an interview to leave a positive impression on the hiring manager and reiterate key points of the discussion. These can both be added to a resume package for a more comprehensive service.
5. A professional resume can transfer into a stronger online presence. Once the graduate has a well-written and designed resume, they can use this information to support their LinkedIn profile or other online documentation. Online platforms are becoming a go-to resource for job seekers and employers alike, so transferring a hard copy resume to a digital format can improve one’s chances of getting noticed for the right reasons and lead to more job opportunities.
If you are looking for a great way to show your college graduate that you care about their future and value their hard work, a resume writing package can do just that. Help to alleviate some of their stress by getting them a professionally written resume that will present them in a positive light and highlight their strengths, abilities, and accomplishments. Contact Chic Resumes today by calling (803) 831-7444 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.